If anyone needs me, I'll be in Aruba.
Eva has not slept more than two hours at a time for the last few days. She has also discovered a hidden talent - the ability to scream for an hour straight without taking a break. It's quite impressive to hear so much noise coming out of something so small! She is not sick, so we're hoping it's a tooth coming in or something temporary that will resolve itself before I have to buy myself a straightjacket :) The combination of screaming and lack of sleep is catching up with me. It's been a long day.
And the cherry on the craptastic sundae of my day is a call from my doctor telling me that my kidney stone has not in fact come out on it's own as I thought it had. It has moved, so he said just to continue the prescription he put me on . . . which ran out a week and a half ago as it's been almost a month since this whole thing started. Upon reminding him of that, he then decided I get to have yet another test to figure out what's going on and what we should do next. Of course, that will require another appointment, and of course that appointment needs to be made by a different nurse who will have to call me back tomorrow. Despite having my CT scan done last Monday morning, he waited until 4:45pm on Thursday night to call me back with this news.
I felt horrible Saturday night and all day Sunday and we thought, judging by the symptoms, that the kidney stone was coming out. As I felt better on Monday, we assumed our hypothesis had been correct. If that was not a kidney stone coming out, I don't want to know what it will feel like when it actually does come out! Anyway, I'll schedule this new procedure and then apparently we'll figure out where to go from there. My dad had a saying he often quoted to us when we were younger ~ "why be difficult when with a little effort you can be impossible". Apparently I have taken this to heart. This Sunday will be 4 weeks since this whole thing started.
On a lighter note, Rob and I had to smile this evening listening to Kylie sing to herself at the top of her lungs while in the bathroom :)
And Eva is starting to walk! She has taken up to 4 steps on her own at a time!
Cycling out to Sandymount Strand
10 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment