Friday, May 30, 2008

Summer is definately here!







It has been so hot lately! It's been in the 90's every day this week. Yesterday the girls and I set up the little jungle pool in the backyard so they could play in it after Megan got home from school. We waited until about 5pm so that the sun wouldn't be as strong. Jack didn't like the pool much, so he sat on my lap and played with my sunglasses most of the time.

I can't believe this is Megan's last Friday as a kindergartner! School gets out this coming Thursday and then my oldest baby will officially be done with kindergarten! Man, she's grown up so fast!

The kids (except Meg) and I had fun this morning. We went to a surprise baby shower for my friend Melissa. She is having her fourth girl in a few weeks. We are very excited for her! Kylie and Beth played upstairs with the other kids the whole time and Jack and I has fun visiting downstairs. It was especially nice to see Courtney, a friend of mine who was diagnosed with cancer last fall and is just starting to be able to visit people again.

Tonight we are going to take things easy. Beca and Garett and their 4 girls are coming for dinner. I think we are just grilling hamburgers or something like that. The girls can't wait to meet Jursey! Tomorrow night Rob has a date or something planned for us. He's surprising me - all he's told me is to be ready at 8pm. He's so sweet :) He even lined up a babysitter for the kids. Jack goes to bed around 8pm now, so I prefer to go out later so that I can put him to bed and worry less about him.

That's about it for us :) Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

4HessGirls said...

Wow, it is hot there! My friend who lives in Lake Dallas, TX told my today that it was hot already. I hope you have a good time on your suprise date. Let us know all about it soon. John suprised me with a wonderful weekend a few weekends ago. It was so much fun. He arranged for the girls babysitter for the weekend. We have such great husbands!