Friday, April 6, 2012

We Should Buy Lottery Tickets

Apparently we are pretty good at beating the odds. Our chance of dealing with the same issues from Eva's pregnancy was only 2% higher than normal. The contractions have already started. Anyhoo, this time we're dealing with it differently. I talked to a friend who is a master herbalist and he put me on red raspberry leaf tea, which has eliminated about 95% of contractions. I'm also going to try acupuncture.

I had an OB appointment today. The baby is doing very well :) The heartbeat was in the 150's today (and last time). We set up the appointment for the sonogram for two weeks from now. We definitely will try to find out the gender :) Any guesses? Rob and I both think boy, although the high heartbeat is making me doubt my guess (the girls' heartbeats were all around there; Jack's was usually in the 120's-130's). All four older kids think boy too. We're apparently all in for a surprise if it's a girl!

I have not been officially put on bedrest yet, but have been told to minimize physical activity. I am not being put on terbutaline again (the medication they used when I was pregnant with Eva) and they have taken it off the market. Instead, Rob will be learning to give me weekly shots of some new type of progesterone. I think it will be easier having him give them to me than having me do it myself. I don't mind needles, but sticking one in myself does not sound fun.

No comments: