Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mick O'Lantern

Tonight for family home evening we carved our jack o'lantern. I cut open the top, then it was the kids' job to scoop out the innards. It started off with all four taking turns, but Beth bowed out after feeling what was inside the pumpkin.



The other three thought it was gross, but very fun :)



Then Rob took over carving it while the kids watched. I rinsed the pumpkin seeds and oiled and salted them and stuck them in the oven.The kids helped by squishing them around in the big ziploc bag with the oil and salt.





The finished product ~



I told the kids we needed to name him. Remembering our snowman from last March (I think?), they unanimously dubbed him "Mick".

We took one "nice" picture (but Kylie stuck out her tongue) ~



And one "silly" picture. Megan was doing the hula in the background.



Then Megan apprehended the camera ~

No comments: